Walking and cycling holidays South Africa- Quick search
Short description of tours
Search & book your flights
Experience the splendour of distinctive areas - discover landscapes, culture and people. Relish delicious regional cuisine - as you journey through carefully selected areas - at your own pace. Active, healthy and exiting ! Self-guided walking holidays and guided walking tours are available.
A self-guided cycling holiday gives the most scope for independent exploring, as you can follow any route you choose, using our maps and notes. We offer: Interesting places, detailed hotel-to-hotel itineraries and excellent accommodation, different route options and luggage transfer- Carefree cycling
West Coast Cycling is a 7 day cycling tour with 2 nights’ accommodation in Langebaan and 2 nights in the quaint village of Paternoster, situated in a beautiful bay, as well as 2 nights at the unique !Khwa ttu San (Bushman) cultural center. You will also experience the West Coast National Park and and the West Coast Fossil Park. Up to about 200 km cycling trails in safe environment.
Whale Coast Cycling offers you a relaxing 5 day, self-guided cycling holiday with an abundance of activities, mostly in a protected environment. It is an outdoor experience with river, sea, sand dunes, the vlei, a floral sensation of rare fynbos plants, diverse antelope and whale watching. Eco boat trip, interpretive marine walk and nature drive included.
Service: What you can expect?
We offer quality walking and cycling holidays in South Africa. Our tours are supported by extensive knowledge of regions, incorporating unique features and outstanding personal service. We research, establish and manage walking- and cycling holidays. Our tour package is flexible and can be tailor-made for your personal requirements.
We have the expertise to ensure a perfect mix of excellent service, high quality and value for money- a holiday that will inspire you. We offer scenic and interesting routes. You will have detailed route notes, luggage transfer, quality accommodation and 24/7 support and reliable arrangements to ensure that you can book with confidence
Tailor-made and flexible holidays
- Trip to suit your interests, length and difficulty
- Standard or superior accommodation
- Start on any date
- Can combine highlights of different routes
- Choose your own travel companions & walk at your own pace
- Well planned holidays
- Carefully selected areas
- Hand-picked accommodation
- Detailed route notes and area information
- 24/7 support
Book with confidence
- Positive trip and service reviews
- Founder owned and operated since 2006
- Owners with 40 years business experience
- Team members with local knowledge in different areas
- Reliable arrangements. Member of SATSA
More about our booking conditions and holidays
Walking Distance- Extraordinary hikes for ordinary people
The Cape Winelands Walk is one of 30 walks from all over the world selected by the authors. They conclude:
"The Cape Winelands Walk is an excellent introduction to Southern Africa, its distinctive landscape, history and culture. The walk includes impressive public nature reserves with exotic plants and animals, private lands in the form of wine estates and other agricultural areas and lively and attractive towns. Our walk left us glad we had chosen this trail - and we have a strong desire to return to this part of the world"
Prof Robert and Martha Manning,
Comments from other travellers: Walking and cycling holidays South Africa
- Most important of all for us was the personal care and attention you gave us throughout the trip.
- Better than we have had on any previous trip.
- You were always available and quick to respond.
- Overall, the holiday was invigorating
- Hard to beat anywhere in the world.
- You certainly went out of your way to make the whole time memorable
- We are recommending it to our walking community in the States
- Fantastic walks, wines and accommodation
- We had a wonderful and memorable time
- It was altogether a wonderful walking holiday
- Exceeded our expectations in terms of beauty, convenience, and service